"Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place." - Maya Angelou

Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy February!

This is loves official month, so get to loving:)

Love isn't always kumbaya singing, but pulling from deep inside to do more good than bad, biting your tongue for quick responses and allowing yourself to feel - the good and the bad. This is one my favorite poems, by one of my favorite poets, and the basis of one of my favorite books of the same title (a lot, I know)

If you come softly


by: Audre Lorde

If you come as softly

As wind within the trees

You may hear what I hear

See what sorrow sees.

If you come as lightly

As threading dew

I will take you gladly

Nor ask more of you.

You may sit beside me

Silent as a breath

Only those who stay dead

Shall remember death.

And if you come I will be silent

Nor speak harsh words to you.

I will not ask you why, now.

Or how, or what you do.

We shall sit here, softly

Beneath two different years

And the rich earth between us

Shall drink our tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact